NEIL DIABLO: TUKTUK SPRING/SUMMER 2012 MIX OUT NOW ON CD
Spring is here again, tender age in bloom. And how do we know? Because the ever-prolific Neil Diablo has put together another change-of-season mix CD for gentlemen’s couturier du jour, the wonderful TukTuk clothing. Plotting a fathoms-deep and distinctly nautical course through Balearic groovers old and new, this meditative blend will take you where you need to go, NYCE & SLO. Nicolas Jaar, one of the undisputed stars of 2011, opens the set with his new Darkside alias, before John Martyn’s classic ‘Dealer Version’ and Todd Terje’s ‘Myggsommer’ steer us into gently pacier territory. Fold in a bit of Ta’Boo, Linda Di Franco and Al HCG Diet Usher, and you have the perfect accompaniment to a nap on the bow.
TukTuk Summer is a limited edition and comes handily housed in a denim fabric pocket with button fastening.
Available from Piccadilly Records now.
01. Darkside – Darkside
02. Someone – Beat
03. Lil Louis – Nyce & Slo
04. Quintus Project – Night Flight (Lexx Edit)
05. Tiedye – Fisherman’s Bend
06. John Martyn – Dealer Version
07. Todd Terje – Myggsommer
08. New Look – Nap On The Bow
09. Ta’boo – Over The Ledge (Rub Dub)
10. Linda Di Franco – My Boss
11. Al Usher – Lullaby For Robert
12. Born Blonde – Radio Bliss (Seahawks Everything So Green Mix)